Solar Skies solar hot water tanks offered by Logical Heating and Air Conditioning are available in stainless steel, glass lined, drain back, and large volume to fit your solar hot water storage capacity needs.
Solar Tank Product Quick Links
- Flexible solar hot water tanks
- Stainless steel solar hot water tanks
- Glass lined solar hot water tanks
- Drain back solar hot water tanks
- Large volume solar hot water tanks
- Non-pressurized, no ASME inspection necessary
- 42 tank sizes
- 8 heat exchanger sizes
- Simple installation
- Inexpensive shipping costs
- Lightweight, flexible aluminum with a pliable, no-seam liner
- 5 year warranty
Solar Skies Flexible Water Storage Tanks are extremely durable and light weight. Installation is much simpler than many other storage tanks. All tanks, ranging from 100 to 5,000 gallons are created to a width of 19” or 24”.
This allows tanks to fit through standard doorway openings, greatly reducing demolition and construction costs. A wide selection of heat exchangers and ports are available to fit your specific needs. And upon request, tanks can be made in custom sizes.
Standard Tank Specifications
Liner: .045 EPDM Rubber
Walls & Lid: 2” Polyisocyanurate Foil Face Insulation, .32 Gauge Embossed Aluminum (R18 Value)
Bottom: 1” Polyisocyanurate Foil Face Insulation and 1” Polystyrene Board
Stainless Steel Solar Hot Water Tanks
The stainless steel solar hot water storage tank is designed for production of domestic hot water from either a solar collector or an electric element. The tank is equipped with a double wall heat exchanger to transfer heat from the solar collectors.
This solar tank is equipped with a stainless steel sensor stud for sensor mounting. The tank also has an additional stainless steel element located in the upper portion of the tank, which monitors and controls the operation of an electric back up heat source to maintain the desired water temperature.
The tank is an integral finned tube design constructed of 90/10 CU/NI.
The electric element is constructed of stainless steel incoloy with a brass screw base. The outer tank shell is constructed of high density polyethylene plastic with 2” of CFC free polyurethane foam insulation.
Stainless Steel Solar Hot Water Tank Features:
- 316L stainless steel construction with tolerance for high temperatures
- Superior resistance to corrosion
- High output double wall heat exchanger provides maximum efficiency to transfer energy from the solar panels into hot water
- High output electric back up element, constructed of high grade stainless steel incoloy making it more resistant for long life
- Environmentally safe CFC free water blown, extra thick foam insulation allows less than ½ ° F per hour heat loss, the best in the industry
- Outer shell constructed of black finished durable plastic for rust and impact resistance
- 10 year residential warranty, 7 year commercial warranty
- Easy to install and maintain
- Factory supplied temperature and pressure relief valve
- SRCC OG300 Certified – applies to Federal Tax Credit when connected to a solar panel
|915-016||60 Gallon||Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element|
|915-017||80 Gallon||Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element|
|915-018||119 Gallon||Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element|
Glass Lined Solar Hot Water Storage Tanks
Designed for production of domestic hot water from either a solar collectors or an electric element. The tank is equipped with a heat exchanger to transfer heat from the solar collectors.
This solar hot water tank is equipped with a stud and securing nut to mount a sensor to the tank that will control the operation of the solar pump. The tank also has an additional control located in the upper portion of the tank, which monitors and controls the operation of an electric back up heat source to maintain the desired water temperature.
The tank is supplied with a full port drain valve and a T & P valve with a rated relief pressure of 150 PSI and temperature relief at 210 degrees.
Glass Lined Solar Hot Water Tank Features:
- Specially formulated Enamel Flow Coat guarantees 100% tank coverage. No exposed welds
- Steel, Glass Coated Solar Heat Exchanger – provides maximum heat transfer of solar energy into hot water
- Back-Up Electric Element – provides a back up heat source from an electric element if the solar fails to keep up with the hot water demand
- Environmentally safe CFC free, water blown insulation, the extra thick foam insulation allows less than 1/2° F per hour heat loss, the best in the industry
- The outer shell is constructed of a black, durable plastic for rust proof protection and impact resistance
- Limited warranty – 5 years commercial and 7 years residential
- Factory supplied temperature and pressure relief and drain valve
- SRCC OG300 certified – applies to Federal Tax Credit when connected to solar panels
|Item #||Tank Size||Description|
|915-010||50 Gallon||Glass Lined solar Tank with one coil heat exchanger & electric element|
|915-011||50 Gallon||Glass Lined with two coil heat exchanger|
|915-012||80 Gallon||Glass Lined solar Tank with one coil heat exchanger & electric element|
|915-013||80 Gallon||Glass Lined with two coil heat exchanger|
|915-014||119 Gallon||Glass Lined solar Tank with one coil heat exchanger & electric element|
|915-015||119 Gallon||Glass Lined with two coil heat exchanger|
Drain Back Solar Hot Water Tanks
- Constructed of durable 304 stainless steel
- Light weight construction
- Maintenance free operation
- 5 year warranty against leaks
- Available with or without heat exchangers
- Highly efficient copper heat exchanger with large surface area
- Site glass to monitor water level
- Internal dip tube to enhance heat exchanger performance and reduce noise
Drain back solar hot water tanks are designed to allow the solar collectors to drain all water from the collector and related pipe connections into the drain back tank reservoir to protect the system from freezing and overheating. Drain Back Tanks come in two configurations; the internal heat exchanger model is used with a plain storage tank or electric water heater tank. The model without a heat exchanger is used with a solar tank with an integral heat exchanger or with a system using an external brazed plate heat exchanger. Drain back systems are a smart choice when designing a solar thermal system to supplement central heating and domestic hot water heating components. Maintenance is reduced when compared to a pressurized glycol system.
|Item #||Tank Size||Description|
|915-001||10 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-002||15 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-003||20 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-004||30 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-022||45 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-023||60 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank with sight glass, no heat exchanger|
|915-007||10 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank w/additional heat exchanger and sight glass|
|915-008||15 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank w/additional heat exchanger and sight glass|
|915-009||20 Gallon||Solar Skies Drain Back Tank w/additional heat exchanger and sight glass|
Large Volume Solar Hot Water Tanks
- Multiple coils available per tank
- Coils sizes are 7” diameter, 21” length
- Glass lined for high temperatures
- Topcoat insulation offers a R-16 insulation value
- Available with insulation and steel jacket
- Vertical and horizontal
- Tank sizes up to 1,000 gallons
- Electric or boiler back-up
- Electric back-up requires additional flanged fittings
- 5 year warranty
- Lifting lugs standard
- ASME Rated
Heat Transfer Ratings 27,000 btu/hr/coil, based on 100 degree incoming water temperature from solar panels.
|Part #||Nominal Gal. Cap.||Gal. Cap.||Dia.||Vert. Hgt.||Horiz. Hgt.||E||H||L||D||A||B||C||Weight at 125 #|
Call Logical Heating and Air Conditioning LLC at 763-428-6358 for a free initial consultation and let us help you find the right system for your needs.
Logical Heating and Air Conditioning serves the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area including: Albertville, Anoka, Becker, Big Lake, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Corcoran, Crystal, Dayton, Delano, Golden Valley, Greenfield, Hamel, Hanover, Independence, Long Lake, Loretto, Maple Grove, Maple Plain, Medina, Monticello, New Hope, Orono, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Ramsey, Robbinsdale, Rockford, Rogers, St. Michael, and Wayzata.