Weil-McLain snug cast iron hydronic baseboard heating offered by Logical Heating and Air Conditioning provide ideal heat distribution, create less heat loss than forced air systems, and offer easy temperature control. Snug cast iron hydronic baseboards can be painted to match any décor. The efficiency, comfort, and versatile installation of these snug cast iron hydronic baseboard is perfect for ideal indoor comfort during cold Minnesota winters.
|High Trim Hydronic Baseboard||Therma Trim Hydronic Baseboard|
Snug Cast Iron Hydronic Baseboard Overview
- Installed on outer walls for the perfect combination of radiant and convected heat.
- Made of cast iron for maximum heat transfer in gravity and steam systems.
- Designed with classic simplicity, and incorporates neat, attractive corners and extension panels.
- Uniform room temperature.
- Designed for maximum comfort.
- Simple, paintable, attractive.
- Durable cast iron material.
Snug Cast Iron Hydronic Baseboard Design Features
Weil-McLain snug cast iron baseboards satisfy the standards of good engineering. It is essential for comfort that the cold outer wall be blanketed as extensively as possible with a source of heat. Weil-McLain baseboard panels most effectively fulfill this requirement.
Weil-McLain snug baseboard is available for use with existing or gravity systems. They are installed along the outer walls where their combination of radiant and convected heat neutralizes cold downdrafts from the windows as well as it warms the cold wall. Seamlessly solving the heating problem setup by the modern trend large glass areas.
- Uniform Room Temperature From Floor to Ceiling: Room temperature uniformity is one guage of a heating system’s desirability. Extensive experimental work shows that in a baseboard-heated home, the temperature differential between floor and ceiling averages about 3 degrees – a much smaller difference than normally observed forced air systems. Radiant baseboard panels warm the outside walls so that Mean Radiant Temperature (MRT, or weighted average of all room surface temperatures) remains nearly constant despite wide variations in outdoor temperature. This is a distinct comfort advantage, as the MRT of buildings heating by other means usually decrese as the outdoor temperature falls, necessitating a higher air temperature to offset the increased radiant heat loss of the occupants. Therefore, since the radiant heat emission of cast iron baseboards remains practically fixed, controlling the air temperature with an ordinary room thermostat is sufficient to maintain the proper relationship between radiant and convected heat for maximum comfort.
- “Live Front” Radiates Heat: The sustained “live front” heating of Weil-McLain snug hydronic baseboards has an important bearing on comfort. The unusually large waterways and cast iron construction of these units provide a reservoir of stored heat which prevents a sharp drop in temperature when the thermostat shuts off the heat supply.
- Simple, Attractive Design: Weil-McLain snug hydronic baseboards are distinguished by classic simplicity of design, neat, attractive corners and extension panels. They occupy a minimum of space.
- Finned Rear Surface: For balanced heating, a portion of convected heat is necessary to supplement the radiant heat emission. Weil-McLain snug hydronic baseboards are well equipped, where the fins in the rear of the units provide an ample surface to emit warmed air.
- Air Vent is Located in Best Position: This is an exclusive Weil-McLain feature. The air vent is located at the top of the baseboard – the best location for the efficient venting. It is easily accessible, yet does not interfere with the room decor.
Snug Cast Iron Hydronic Baseboard Specifications
|Model||Water Flow GPM||Water Flow Rate Lbs/Hr||Avg. Water Temp. (170 F)||Avg. Water Temp. (180 F)||Avg. Water Temp. (190 F)||Avg. Water Temp. (200 F)||Avg. Water Temp. (215 F)|
Call Logical Heating and Air Conditioning for a Free Initial Consultation
Call Logical Heating and Air Conditioning LLC at 763-428-6358 for a free initial consultation and let us help you find the right system for your needs.
Logical Heating and Air Conditioning serves the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area including: Albertville, Anoka, Becker, Big Lake, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Corcoran, Crystal, Dayton, Delano, Golden Valley, Greenfield, Hamel, Hanover, Independence, Long Lake, Loretto, Maple Grove, Maple Plain, Medina, Monticello, New Hope, Orono, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Ramsey, Robbinsdale, Rockford, Rogers, St. Michael, and Wayzata.